Militants in Donbas gradually increase shelling after Easter holidays: Ukraine’s intelligence
Russian-backed militants start using heavy artillery again
Shelling from Russian-backed militants against Ukrainian positions in eastern Ukraine has increased after Easter holidays. 142 attacks were reported over the past week, in the period from May 12 till May 18, official at the Directorate General of Intelligence Vadym Skibitskiy informed at a briefing, broadcasted by ‘112 Ukraine’.
‘Shelling from Russian-backed militants against Ukrainian positions in east Ukraine has been reported to gradually increase after Easter holidays. 142 attacks were reported over the past week, in the period from May 12 till May 18. 80 attacks were reported last week. Militants start using heavy artillery again’, - Skibitskiy informed.
According to the official, locations in vicinities of Donetsk remain the hottest flashpoints in east Ukraine military conflict.
’43 cases of violations regarding heavy weapons withdrawal were reported over the past week. 40 ‘Grad’ have been detected in Amvrosievka, Horlivka, Donetsk, Makiivka, Mineralne, Ternove, Yasnuvate. 4 ‘Smerch’ units have been exposed in Pervomaisk and 3 ‘Uragan’ units - in Makiivka. The information has been passed along to OSCE Special Monitoring Mission’, - Skibitskiy added.
Two soldiers with Ukrainian Armed Forces died in Donbas conflict over the past 24 hours, according to press center of Anti-Terroristic Operation.
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas