Militants holding off international humanitarian aid to Donbas residents
There are 16 tons of most important goods remaining at the contact line, MP Iryna Herashchenko claimed
Militants hold off 16 tons of international humanitarian assistance to the occupied territories of Donbas, the Presidential Envoy for a peaceful resolution of the conflict in Donbas, people's deputy from Petro Poroshenko Bloc Iryna Herashchenko stated on the air of 12 Ukraine.
"For the moment, at the contact line there are 16 tons of food, essential goods, building materials from the international humanitarian organizations. This aid is in great need of people who are under occupation, but militants simply keep it out. And it has been going on for several weeks. And you know, international humanitarian organizations are shocked by this, because, actually, a few more days will pass and they will be forced to move, to transfer this cargo to other countries, possibly to African,” Herashchenko told.
As it was reported before, militants did not let 8 trucks with humanitarian assistance from the International Committee of the Red Cross to the occupied territories of East Ukraine on September 25.
Meanwhile, Russian Federation sent its fortieth so-called humanitarian convoy to Donbass. Trucks from Russia crossing the borders of the self-proclaimed republics without hindrance from the militants' side. Representatives of the Ukrainian government and the security services have repeatedly stated that Russia under the guise of "humanitarian convoy" gives oil and lubricants, new equipment, arms, and ammunition to its troops and militants and takes out bodies of deceased combatants.
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- SOCIETY18:45Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
- RUSSIA12:28Klykh grew insane due to tortures in Russia, - human rights defender
- RUSSIA11:46Russia presents FIFA World Cup 2018 mascot
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars