Militants fired ATO forces road truck, 2 soldiers were wounded
The soldiers of 128 th Brigade were transporting water to the checkpoint of ATO forces in Valuiske village and got under militants` shellfire carried out with the grenade launcher
Militants fired the car of ATO forces with grenade launcher, two soldiers were wounded. It is reported by the press service of the Luhansk civil-military administration.
The sabotage-reconnaissance group of shelled upon the car of Ukrainian military serviceman of 128 th brigade at Valuiske village in Stanytsia Luhanska district. Ukrainian soldiers were carrying water to the checkpoint.
"Yesterday at about 08:50 p.m. in the village Valuiske in Stanytsia Luhanska district the military car that carried water to the checkpoint was shelled by sabotage-reconnaissance group of terrorists with a grenade launcher. As a result, two soldiers of 128 Brigade got shrapnel wounds of lower extremities. The victims were taken to the hospital where they receive all the necessary assistance,” said in the statement. Meanwhile, ATO spokesperson in Lugansk region reports about only one wounded soldier who was driving a tank-car.
According to the head of Luhansk civil-military administration Georgii Tuka, militants continue to carry out provocative attacks in the region. “Militants` sabotage-reconnaissance groups from time to time enter the government-controlled territory conducting subversive actions. Despite the inactivity in the region, unfortunately, the complete ceasefire has not been reached”, Tuka said.
As it was reported earlier, for the past day in the ATO zone relatively calm situation was observed. According to ATO Staff reports, for the last day one shellfire was recorded upon checkpoint of ATO forces in Lozove settlement of Donetsk region. And for today near Gorlivka, Donetsk region, from the side of the militants was recorded firing activity with anti-aircraft mount, ATO Staff stated. Earlier, according to the words of ATO Staff spokesperson Anatolii Stelmakh, current situation of relative inactivity in Donbas allowed Ukrainian forces to restore infrastructure in the region and to help civilians.
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels