Militants destroyed residential houses in Donbas, - confession by “DPR leader”
Mercenaries had to save their lives, their commander said
Members of Russia-backed illegal armed units burned down houses of civilians in Kozhevnya village, Donetsk region. The village itself was totally destroyed during military actions in the region. Leader of the so-called Donetsk People’s Republic Alexandr Zakharchenko said this on January 26.
During his speech in a university in Makiivka, he said he ordered to burn down the houses to save lives of his fighters. “This village, Kozhevnya, means much to me. It was our first offensive operation in summer 2014. We destroyed the village during the fights. I had to order to burn down houses to save our lives”, Zakharchenko said.
According to statistics by Ukraine Crisis Media Center (see the screenshot) released in January, during most of enemy attacks that took place throughout the month, pro-Russian mercenaries mainly used small arms. The data provided in the chart is as of January 26.
According to statistics by Ukraine Crisis Media Center (see the screenshot) released in January, during most of enemy attacks that took place throughout the month, pro-Russian mercenaries mainly used small arms. As showed on the chart, in terms of frequency, the second place went to grenade launchers. Mortars, infantry fighting vehicles and tanks were also used; these weapons are banned by Minsk agreements. The enemy almost didn’t use artillery, with rare exceptions.
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas