Militants-controlled Debaltseve after hostilities faces crisis
Locals accuse self-proclaimed authorities of embezzling funds for restoration of infrastructure, which is destroyed by the war
The hostilities in militants-controlled Debaltseve, Donetsk region, ended in March 2015, but the self-proclaimed local authorities of Donetsk People's Republic hesitate to restore the destroyed infrastructure of the town. As states ATO press center, locals constantly expresse their dissatisfaction, accusing the self-proclaimed authorities of embezzling funds that were allegedly allocated by Russia to restore the territories, controlled by Russian-backed militants.
Residential buildings in the town are not restored, the window of different facilities are not re-established, the local leaders state the contrary though. The people, who moved from Debaltseve to the other Ukrainian regions, do not hurry up to return to their smashed houses, as the infrastructural collapse is near.
Residents of the occupied territories face the serious problems of water supply. For example, in Luhansk, water utilities in settlements-satellites is stopped, thereby the regional center is supplied with the water.
Meanwhile, Ministry of Emergency Situations of Russia sent a 41th so-called "humanitarian convoy" for residents of Donbas. More than 100 trucks have crossed Ukrainian border, as stated the media office of the Ministry. Ukrainian government and intelligence services say that under the guise of "humanitarian aid" Russia delivers combustive-lubricating materials, new military equipment, weapons, munitions, flags of Donetsk People's Republic, and takes back the bodies of the dead militants and unique industrial equipment grabbed from the Ukrainian territories.
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas 24 October, 16:37
OSCE cannot confirm ‘Motorola’s death 17 October, 17:49
Ukraine’s army general: Two versions of Motorola’s murder 17 October, 09:15
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain