Militants carried out fire in Mariupol direction - ATO press center
ATO Staff does not consider the firings as violation of Minsk agreements
For the last day, at 10:45 am on the temporarily occupied territory two cases of opening fire were recorded at 2 km distance from Hranitne settlement in Mariupol direction. Militants hit in the direction of the demarcation line with the automatic grenade launcher, ATO press center reported.
The shellings are not considered as violation of Minsk agreements, announced ATO Staff press officer Analoliy Stelmakh in the air of 112 Ukraine channel.
"Actually, it is not a violation of peace agreements, because it happened on the temporarily occupied territory. Namely, there was not a direct firing upon our positions,”- he said.
As it was reported before, in the conflict zone in East Ukraine the removal of equipment and weapons less than 100 mm caliber from the boundary line began. The withdrawal will last for 41 days and will take place in several stages.
The agreement on withdrawal of armament less than 100 mm caliber from the contact line in Donbas came into force October 3, the president of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko announced after the meeting in the "Norman format" in Paris on Friday, October 2.
Earlier, on September 29, Trilateral contact group in Minsk signed an agreement on withdrawal of small-caliber weapons from the contact line with Russia-backed militants in Donbas.
Overall, for the past few days, in the ATO area, both sides of the conflict almost completely adhered to the peace agreements.
Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day 23 October, 22:03
Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region 24 October, 20:21
Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas 24 October, 16:37
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain