Militants block OSCE verification of arms pullout process - Hug
Such impeding of mission's work from militants' side is indeed a violation of additional protocol to Minsk arrangements, the Deputy Chief Monitor stated
Militants prevent the OSCE verification work of arms pullout process, the Deputy Chief Monitor of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission (SMM) to Ukraine Alexander Hug said at the briefing broadcasted over 112 Ukraine.
“OSCE SMM continues monitoring the process of the removal of artillery caliber less than 100 mm and mortars of 120 mm. The mission visited the places of withdrawal. I note with regret that at the areas uncontrolled by Ukrainian government, the OSCE mission was blocked to see such sites of weapons storages," Hug said.
Alexander Hug noted that such impeding from militants’ side is indeed a violation of the additional protocol [to the Minsk agreements – ed.].
In addition, the Deputy Chief Monitor reported about the presence of rocket missiles Uragan at the Peredilske village of Luhansk region.
"In the village Peredilske which is controlled by Ukraine, OSCE saw rocket missiles Uragan stuck in the ground, and such situation occurs repeatedly. The population of eastern Ukraine who live in this region, must have confidence in its security, and so these shells and mines should have been identified, isolated and demined,” Hug told.
Also, the OSCE representative stated that the incident with their former representative in Severodonetsk is “a regrettable exception”.
OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement 23 October, 19:40
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas 24 October, 16:37
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case