Militants attacked ATO positions 69 times, - press center
Pro-Russian forces shelled ATO positions near Maryinka from grenades and small arms
In ATO area Russian-backed militants continue to shell strongholds of Ukrainian military forces. They attacked ATO positions 69 times in 24 hours in Donetsk and Mariupol directions, informs ATO press center on Facebook.
Militants continue to attack Ukrainian strongholds in Zaitseve and Maiorske from 82 mm and 120 mm mortars. They shelled strongholds in Krasnohorivka, Verkhniotoretskyi, Talakovka and Pavlopole from mortars.
The situation was also tense in Opytne, Pisky, Troitske and Avdiivka, where militants shelled strongholds of Ukrainian military forces from heavy machine guns and grenades.
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- RUSSIA16:30Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia
- UA & EU15:42Poroshenko, Hungary PM are to enhance political dialogue between states
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels