Militants attacked 84 times from mortars, anti-aircraft missiles and heavy machine guns
Situation was most tense in Donetsk direction
Within the previous 24 hours militants increased the number of attacks against Ukrainian forces up to 84, informed ATO press center on Facebook.
Pro-Russian forces attacked 69 times in Donetsk direction. Ukrainian strongholds were shelled from mortars, grenades, heavy machine guns and small arms.
Strongholds near Avdiivka, Pisky, Opytne, Zaitseve, Mayorsk, Pervomaisk and “Butivka” coalmine were shelled from 82mm and 120mm mortars, it is said in the report of the press service.
ATO positions in Opytne were shelled from anti-aircraft missile, in Krasnohorivka – from BMP.
In Mariupol direction militants attacked Talakovka, Chermalyka and Vodyane from mortars.
Shelling subsided around midnight, with occasional attacks from small arms and grenades near Opytne.
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
- UA & EU20:19"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:33"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:45Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars