Militants 22 times breached ceasefire in Donbas, - ATO Press Centre
The enemy activity tends to decrease
Russia-backed illegal armed units step down their activity in war-torn Donbas, ATO Press Centre reported at Facebook.
Since 6 p.m. yesterday till midnight, 14 cases of ceasefire violation by militants were reported; in most of the cases, the enemy opened unadjusted fire. In total, on December 29, mercenaries fired 22 times. After midnight, not a single shot was reported, reads the message by the ATO Press Centre.
In the evening, the enemy used large-caliber machineguns to fire at positions of Ukrainian servicemen near Novotroitske and Donetsk. A sniper attacked a Ukrainian outpost near Opytne.
Militants also opened unadjusted fire at Ukrainian positions near Pisky, Opytne, Novhorodske and Troitske, using small arms and grenade laucnhers. Abiding by Minsk agreements and the ceasefire claimed by parties of Minsk Trilateral Contact Group, Ukrainian servicemen didn’t return fire.
Previously, Minsk Trilateral Contact Group offered a full ceasefire to be settled in Donbas since December 23. The truce was supposed to last for the entire period of winter holidays; nonetheless, militants continue breaching it.
43 ceasefire violations in Donbas reported 16 October, 12:06
40 attacks reported in Eastern Ukraine, - ATO HQ 6 October, 10:30
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
Russia-backed militants strike again in Mariupol region 13 October, 11:31
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- RUSSIA16:30Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia
- UA & EU15:42Poroshenko, Hungary PM are to enhance political dialogue between states
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels