Militants 13 times opened fire upon Ukrainian positions - ATO press center
None of Ukrainian soldiers was killed or injured in result of yesterday's shellings from the side of Russian-backed separatists, Andriy Lysenko told
Militants in the zone of the Anti-Terrorist Operation (ATO) 13 times carried out fire upon Ukrainian positions during the last day, the speaker of ATO Staff Leonid Matyuhin said on the air of 112 Ukraine.
According to him, the shots were fired with small arms and heavy machine guns in the area and Krasnogorivka and Avdiivka. From grenade launchers and small arms five times fired Mariinka and six times Pisky, Donetsk region.
Reportedly, none of Ukrainian soldiers was killed or injured in result of militants’ shellings for the last day i the conflict zone in East Ukraine, the Presidential Administration spokesperson for ATO-related issues Andriy Lysenko told at the briefing.
"For the past day in result of military actions, neither of Ukrainian soldiers was killed or wounded,” he said.
Andriy Lysenko also noted the yesterday the main troublesome area in the ATO zone was western outskirts of Donetsk.
“Militants are systematically trying to provoke Ukrainian military to open fire, and thus cause an escalation of the conflict. For this purpose the enemy uses small arms, in particular, heavy machine guns and grenade launchers of various systems. And in Krasnogorivka upon our positions enemy was shooting from infantry combat vehicle BMP-2 . In Avdiivka the work of enemy’s snipers was recorded,” Lysenko stated.
In addition, ATO Staff spokesman Leonid Matuihin told that on the militants-controlled territories of Donbas mounted video cameras aimed to record a possible counterfire from the side of the Armed Forces of Ukraine (AFU).
"If you overlook the last day, the majority of attacks were provocative, their main goal was to trigger a fire. All the military servicemen know fully well that on the other side there are cameras, and in case of response [from Ukrainian side – ed.], militants will show all over the world that we are conducting an attack. In other words, the Ukrainian military, as possible as they can, try to approach this issue in the most civilized manner. However, I want to emphasize that there are not a once, when there is a threat to the life of the Ukrainian military, there is no such an order not to open fire. If there is a threat to the life of the Ukrainian military, every commander has the right to decide to open fire upon terrorists,” Matiuhin told.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars