MH17 was shot down from militants-controlled territory – the White House
The US is not going to change their opinion on the causes of the MH17 tragedy
The US will not change views on the causes of the downing of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 (MH17): the plane was shot down by a “surface-to-air missile fired from separatist – controlled territory in eastern Ukraine”, said in the statement of the National Security Council spokesperson Ned Price published on the Twitter page of White House.
"We maintain our support for the work being conducted by the countries of the Joint Investigation Team, and reiterate that the United States will fully support all efforts to bring to justice those responsible," said in a statement.
Earlier, the official results of the investigation had been presented today. The Security Council of the Netherlands declares that "Boeing" over Donbas was shot down with Buk missile system. The appropriate conclusion is released in the report of the Security Council, presented today to the relatives of victims of the disaster and to the media. Also, the head of the Security Council of the Netherlands stated that the risk to civil aviation was undervalued by all parties involved in the conflict in the eastern part of Ukraine.
Malaysian Airlines passenger aircraft was flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur, was shot down July 17, 2014 in the Donetsk region. All 298 people died. Most of the passengers, 193 people, were citizens of Netherlands.
MH17 investigation to call all suspects before 2017 2 October, 11:01
Dutch FM calls Russia's Ambassador due to MH17 investigation criticism 30 September, 17:22
Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia 21 October, 19:31
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case