MH17 downed by Russian missile launcher - Bellingcat
British NGO published the report based on open source investigations
Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 (MH17) brought down in Eastern Ukraine on July 2014 by Buk missile launcher, brought from Kursk, Russia, stated in Bellingcat's report, British NGO of investigative journalists.
“On July 17, 2014 a Buk missile launcher, originating from the 53rd Brigade near Kursk, Russia, travelled from Donetsk to Snizhne. It was then unloaded and drove under its own power to a field south of Snizhne, where at approximately 4:20 pm it launched a surface-to-air missile that hit Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 as it flew over Ukraine. On the morning of July 18, the Buk missile launcher was driven from Luhansk, Ukraine, across the border to Russia," said in the summary of the Bellingcat report.
Also, Bellingcat stressed that “alternative scenarios presented by the Russian Ministry of Defense and Almaz-Antey are at best deeply flawed, and at worst show a deliberate attempt to mislead using fabricated evidence”.
The official report on the MH17 disaster by an international Joint Investigation Team, with which Bellingcat cooperates, will be issued on October 13, Malaysia Sun reports.
MH17 investigation to call all suspects before 2017 2 October, 11:01
Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia 21 October, 19:31
Dutch FM calls Russia's Ambassador due to MH17 investigation criticism 30 September, 17:22
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
- POLITICS10:44Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- POLITICS10:00Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
- UA & EU08:39Klimkin visits Netherlands to promote EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas