Merkel: Russia cannot redraw Europe’s borders unpunished
German Chancellor said she was stunned when first Russian tanks crossed Ukrainian border
German Chancellor Angela Merkel sharply criticized Moscow's actions in Ukraine. Recalling that the EU imposed sanctions against Russia in connection with the annexation of Crimea and Moscow’s support for armed militants in the Donbas, the head of the German government stressed that no one is allowed to redraw borders in Europe.
She was stunned when the first Russian tanks crossed the Ukrainian border, Merkel said, DW.ua.
"Today we are not talking about the one tank, there are lots, lots of tanks", said the German Chancellor. According to her, due to Russia’s support for gunmen, there was no day with full ceasefire in Eastern Ukraine.
At the same time, the Head of the German government reiterated that lifting of sanctions would be in the interests of Russia and Germany.
"I am extremely interested in lifting the sanctions", said Merkel, for the umpteenth time by linking them with the implementation of the Minsk agreements. "When we reach progress in the fulfillment of the Minsk Agreements, we will weaken the sanctions ", said the German Chancellor.
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas