Mejlis elimination is threat to existence of Crimean Tatar people as ethnos, - Tuka
Tatar will be deprived of organization, which for a long time expressed the point of view of an entire people
The elimination of the Mejlis is a threat to the existence of the Crimean Tatar people as a separate ethnic group, since this organization for a long time had been consolidating and expressing their point of view. This was stated by Deputy Minister for temporarily occupied territories Georgy Tuka on the TV channel "112 Ukraine" air.
"There once again will have to work both the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Justice to prepare complaints to international organizations, legal documents about this, because I am absolutely convinced that the elimination of Mejlis carries a very significant threat to the existence of the Crimean Tatar people as a distinct ethnic group. Because people are deprived of the body, which quite a long time expressed their view and consolidated them as entire people. It is just a shame to tolerate this phenomenon. "- Tuka said.
According to him, most likely, after this will be prepared lawsuits to international courts. He suggested the possibility of additional sanctions against Russia in connection with this situation.
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- RUSSIA16:30Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia
- UA & EU15:42Poroshenko, Hungary PM are to enhance political dialogue between states
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels