Ukrainian MP: Ukraine wants to return 113 people, operatives - 602
Ukraine's President Special Representative in Trilateral Contact Group on Ukraine says Ukraine wants to return 113 captured and operatives - 602
According to UNIAN, Victor Medvedchuk said this to the “Russia-24” TV channel.
"I can tell you the exact figures, the OSCE may be confused, but we are certain. We're looking for 113 people held in the Luhansk and Donetsk areas, in “LPR” and "DPR". In addition we are looking for 647 people that gone missing ", Medvedchuk said.
"The representatives of Luhansk and Donetsk are searching for 946 people on the territory controlled by Kyiv. Now 602 people have been identified. Some of them have already been convicted and are serving their punishment, some are arrested and their cases are in the course of the trial", he added.
Medvedchuk said that "we continue to search for other people for whom Donetsk and Luhansk authorities are looking for". However, he did not agree with the term "illegally held individuals".
"I would rather use not" illegally detained "but “detained" individuals. There are many interpretations of the illegality. The Luhansk and Donetsk authorities say they have their own laws, including criminal, and people have been arrested or detained according to their criminal legislation. It is the same in Ukraine. People cannot be detained or arrested without the compliance of the criminal procedure and the penal code", Medvedchuk featured.
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel mined
- POLITICS14:47Ukraine summons Syrian diplomat to protest against recognition of Crimea’s occupation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
- SPORT12:30Klitschko: I hope to get my champion titles back this year
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars