Lutsenko: Reporters of Channel 17 to be interviewed on Sheremet’s murder
Ukraine’s Prosecutor General points at the channel’s reputation, saying reporters might be somehow involved in the heinous crime
‘We are checking all video materials. The only thing I can tell you is that there is more than one killer; part of that group we already can see on the video. We are doing everything to obtain the expert report about the explosive device that was used. We are also taking actions regarding those present at the site where the bomb was set. That includes reporters of the infamous Channel 17; the reporters working for the channel ‘coincidentally’ get first to the sites of high profile crimes. They are being followed, and they will be interviewed’, Yuriy Lutsenko said at a press briefing on Friday.
In his interview with Obozrevatel news agency, famous TV host Yevgeniy Kiselev expressed confidence that the presence of reporters at the tragedy site was actually a coincidence. ‘Channel 17 has a bad reputation in Ukraine, since it is owned by Viktor Medvedchuk (pro-Kremlin politician, leader of the Ukrainian Choice organization, and the godfather of Russian President Putin’s child, - 112 International)’, Kiselev admitted.
Previously, on July 20, a crew of Channel 17 was spotted at the site of the murder of Pavlo Sheremet; they explained they were expecting an interview with Kyiv mayor Vitaliy Klychko. However, Klychko later confirmed that he wasn’t even in the city at the time, so there could be no interview, actually.
Counselor to Ukraine’s Interior Minister Zoryan Shkiryak said that the flash-like appearance of Channel 17 at the site of the murder is very similar to the actions of Russian propagandist media in Donbas.
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain