‘We are checking all video materials. The only thing I can tell you is that there is more than one killer; part of that group we already can see on the video. We are doing everything to obtain the expert report about the explosive device that was used. We are also taking actions regarding those present at the site where the bomb was set. That includes reporters of the infamous Channel 17; the reporters working for the channel ‘coincidentally’ get first to the sites of high profile crimes. They are being followed, and they will be interviewed’, Yuriy Lutsenko said at a press briefing on Friday.
In his interview with Obozrevatel news agency, famous TV host Yevgeniy Kiselev expressed confidence that the presence of reporters at the tragedy site was actually a coincidence. ‘Channel 17 has a bad reputation in Ukraine, since it is owned by Viktor Medvedchuk (pro-Kremlin politician, leader of the Ukrainian Choice organization, and the godfather of Russian President Putin’s child, - 112 International)’, Kiselev admitted.
Previously, on July 20, a crew of Channel 17 was spotted at the site of the murder of Pavlo Sheremet; they explained they were expecting an interview with Kyiv mayor Vitaliy Klychko. However, Klychko later confirmed that he wasn’t even in the city at the time, so there could be no interview, actually.
Counselor to Ukraine’s Interior Minister Zoryan Shkiryak said that the flash-like appearance of Channel 17 at the site of the murder is very similar to the actions of Russian propagandist media in Donbas.