Lull in a fighting: 16 violations of a truce in Donbas
Experts assume that such a situation is caused by militants' regrouping
During late last day situation in the ATO area remained quite stable. Most of the illegal armed groups randomly used small arms with provocative purposes, states ATO press center. Pisky, Mariinka, Leninske, Luhanske, Kirovo, Donetsk region, and “Butovka Donetska” (in Donetsk city) were shelled by the Russian-backed militants.
Ukrainian positions near Krymske, Triohizbenka, Stanytsia Luhanska, Novotoshkivske, Zolote, Orikhove, Popasna, Troitske, Katerynivka, Luhansk region, were targeted with the small arms. Speaking about Stanytsia Luhanska, 600 citizens from the total amount of 14.5 thousand left here; most of those who have left are elderly people.
On a whole, ATO press center states about significant decrease of the ceasefire violations during the weekend. For example, on Saturday, for the first time in many months, no any attack was carried out against Pisky, Donetsk region. Military experts suppose that such a situation is associated with regrouping of the militants. The last 10 days of August were really tensed. Now the number of attacks increased though; the militants need some time to renew their forces.
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported 22 October, 22:01
Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day 23 October, 22:03
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars