LPR refuses to pass Ukraine 106 disabled children, - presidential envoy
Negotiations between Kyiv and pro-Russia militants gave nothing so far, the official says
Leaders of the self-proclaimed LPR (Luhansk People’s Republic) hold 106 children with special needs at two care homes located at the enemy-held territory. Ukraine’s Presidential Envoy on Children Rights Mykola Kuleba said this in an interview with hromadske.tv.
“When we evacuated civilians from the war-torn area, the local workers who were in charge of the children didn’t move them to safety; they just left them there, and then refused to release them”, Kuleba said.
According to the official, currently Ukraine has no opportunities to take the children to safe area. “The attempts to negotiate gave us nothing so far. Leaders of these illegal armed formations didn’t want any negotiations and simply left the children there”, Kuleba said.
Previously, the Envoy urged international missions to assist in evacuation of children from the combat area.
Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region 24 October, 20:21
Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas 24 October, 16:37
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain