Local election in Mariupol, Donetsk region, could be canceled
Head of Donetsk regional administration states that the situation is not quite safe for holding elections October 25
Head of Donetsk regional administration Pavlo Zhebrivskyi stated that the local elections in Mariupol, Donetsk region, might be cancelled, 5 channel.
"Tomorrow, if we safely live this night and if we see that the situation is getting worse, I will apply to the Central Electoral Commission with a claim to cancel the elections in Mariupol, scheduled for October 25," he noted.
Zhebrivskyi said that in recent days the situation around the election process deteriorated, in particular, some attempts to block the activity of the City Election Commission took place. "The Election Commission, in turn, makes unmotivated decision to dissolve the local election commissions," he added.
Head of Donetsk regional administration highlighted that he had always opposed the holding of local elections in Mariupol on 25 October. According to him, October 20, regional administration will analyze all the collected information about the security situation in the city and will decide on the possibility of holding local elections.
Regularly scheduled local elections will take place in Ukraine on October 25, 2015; conducted a little over a year since the 2014 snap local elections, which were only held throughout parts of the country. 700 OSCE observers willcome to monitor Ukrainain elections.
Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 27 October, 09:44
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas 27 October, 09:05
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case