Large-scale smuggling of weapons in Donbas region
AK-47 is most popular to supply across border to Russia
A Large scale smuggling of weapons was detected in the area of anti-terrorist operation (ATO) in the Donbas region, which gets organized in some cases. RBC reports this, citing Reuters.
As noted, this situation started due to the prosperity of the "black arm market" of the separatists from 2014. There are also a lot of illegal weapons on the territory controlled by Ukraine because the irregular units often do not lead properly the accounting of the weapons.
One of the gunmen told that the supply of weapons across the border in Russia has been and is continuing now.
"AK-47 is the most popular", reads the report.
The official information is fragmented, but the available data indicates that the problem is getting worse. With reference to the Prosecutor General of Ukraine Reuters notes that since the beginning of 2016 there were twice as many weapon related crimes committed in the country than last year.
43 ceasefire violations in Donbas reported 16 October, 12:06
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars