Kuchma hopes for prisoner exchange in the nearest future
According to him, the negotiations are in the final stage
Next prisoner exchange between the Ukrainian side and the illegal armed groups will be held in the near future. This was stated by Leonid Kuchma, the representative of Ukraine in the Trilateral Contact Group and the second President of Ukraine, reports "Interfax-Ukraine".
According to him, the negotiations are in their final stage. "I hope that in the near future the prisoners exchange takes place. Practically the negotiations are almost finished. Let's just wait," - said Kuchma.
He noted that the problem of prisoners exchange is "really painful".
"Separate regions of Donbas areas used for political purposes ... as one of the leverages to pressure on Ukraine. It is also one of the main conditions, including amnesty. As though, Ukraine must adopt a law, granting amnesty to everybody. And we know, and the world experience is that people with blood on their hands can't be amnestied. Besides, there exists a legal system: everyone has to go through the judgment, beginning from law enforcement bodies, and the court has to decide whether to grant the amnesty or not . This is where they are speculating," - said the politician.
According to him, the militants are well aware that they should carry responsibility for what had happened in Donbas. "Though, I realize, that the vast majority of people are not responsible for what had happened, but it is used, and for the prisoners exchange as well," - said Kuchma.
Earlier, Iryna Gerashchenko, representative of Ukraine in the working subgroup on humanitarian issues of the Trilateral Contact Group, reported 115 Ukrainians to be held captive by militants.
Ukraine has proposed to raise the issue of hostages as a key issue during the next meeting of the Trilateral Contact Group.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars