Kuchma: Elections in Donbas impossible until security issues are solved
According to Leonid Kuchma, the “40-thousand army” must be withdrawn and Ukraine must regain control over the border
Representative of Ukraine in the Trilateral contact group on Donbas Leonid Kuchma stated, that local elections in separate regions of Donetsk and Luhansk regions are out of the question before Minsk agreements are implemented and security issues solved, reports “Interfax-Ukraina”.
“I stated at the previous meeting of the Trilateral contact group, that discussions concerning elections and political reform must stop until the entire block of security issues is solved… First of all, all items of Minsk agreements must be implemented. Only after that, we can start thinking about elections”, - Kuchma claimed.
According to Kuchma, the “40-thousand army” located in Donbas must be withdrawn and Ukraine must regain control over the border so that the election could be held.
“The issue of elections in Donbas mustn’t be brought up before Ukrainian authorities obtain access to these territories and Ukraine regains control over the border”, - Kuchma added.
Earlier, leaders of self-proclaimed “LPR” and “DPR” simultaneously postponed local election on occupied territories till July 24, 2016.
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars