Klimkin: Local election in Donbas impossible without OSCE police mission
Foreign Minister of Ukraine Pavlo Klimkin pointed out to distinctions between OSCE police and observation missions
Minister of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine Pavlo Klimkin explained Ukraine’s position on armed OSCE mission in Donbas. He held a speech at Kyiv Security Forum, aired by “112 Ukraine”.
According to Klimkin, representatives of the long-term mission must be armed, whereas, election observation mission must not carry weapons. Thus, Klimkin pointed out to distinctions between OSCE police and observation missions.
“OSCE must monitor Russia-Ukraine border. We believe that OSCE mission must be armed, otherwise, it will be incredibly hard for them to implement the mission. Observers, on the other hand, will not be armed. OSCE police and observation missions must be strictly distinguished”, - Klimkin explained.
Earlier, President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko discussed prospects of placing OSCE police mission in Donbas with Chancellor of Germany Angela Merkel and President of France Francois Hollande. Yesterday, President of the Russian Federation Vladimir Putin also called for placing armed representatives of OSCE near the line of contact.
Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer 27 October, 14:30
Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest 27 October, 13:30
Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas 27 October, 16:03
- SOCIETY20:43Savchenko’s declaration: Sister’s cars and mother’s land
- UA & EU20:04Schulz: European Parliament is on Ukraine’s side
- SOCIETY19:14Halloween is coming in Ukraine
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:1835000 militants and 6000 Russia's officers in Donbas reported
- UA & EU16:31Poroshenko, Junker to discuss EU-Ukraine AA ratification by the Netherlands
- UA & EU15:46Netherlands may delay consultations on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:30Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case