Justice Ministry: Ukraine discusses prisoners transfer from occupied Crimea
Sevostyanova reports about negotiations with Russia regarding return of Ukrainian prisoners from Crimea
Ukraine’s Justice Minister Deputy Nataliya Sevostyanova said that the Ukrainian side is seeking transfer of all prisoners who are in occupied Crimea in Russia.
According to her, the negotiations are ongoing to transfer all Ukrainian prisoners (nv.ua).
"It is important to return them all", the Deputy Minister stressed.
She also noted that almost all the prisoners want to serve their sentences in Ukraine.
Sevostyanova also said that about 200 prisoners had to get under an amnesty in the first year of the occupation, but they are still in prison because their sentences are being re-classified under the Russian legislation.
PACE adopts two resolutions on Ukraine 13 October, 08:35
Ukraine in UN: Occupied Crimea militarization is dangerous for Europe 13 October, 12:38
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
Panov and Zahtey in Lefortovo 14 October, 12:49
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars