Use of anti-tank missiles violates peace agreements - OSCE
The OSCE concerned about the presence of anti-tank missiles in the conflict zone
The attack upon Ukrainian stronghold in Troitske, carried out by militants yesterday evening, is a violation of the Minsk agreements, the Deputy Chief Monitor of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine Alexander Hug stated at the briefing October 8.
"The OSCE Special Monitoring Mission cannot act as an arbitrator in respect of the incident in Troitske. We were on-site, patrolling yesterday in the afternoon [October 7 – ed.] We saw that there were anti-tank missiles. It is a violation, no matter from which side the attack was. We are very concerned about it,” Hug said.
Hug also added that the OSCE representatives overwatch the removal of tanks from the demarcation line. Both Ukrainian side and militants informed the OSCE about the start of arms pullout process. Alexander Hug stated the withdrawal will take place in two stages, the first one – in Luhansk region. In the first place tanks to be removed, then - artillery and mortars. It will take 15 days, after the withdrawal of tanks is to start in Donetsk region.
In general, the situation in Donetsk and Luhansk regions remains calm, the deputy chief of the mission notes. Separate shootings and explosions, which take place, the OSCE mission attributes to the training.
OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement 23 October, 19:40
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
OSCE cannot confirm ‘Motorola’s death 17 October, 17:49
Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas 24 October, 16:37
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas