Implementation of the Minsk deal to be prolonged for 2016 - Lavrov
The law on elections in Donbas, as one of the Minsk requirements, is not ready yet
At a press conference following the meeting of Norman Quartet in Berlin Russian Minister of Foreign Affairs Sergei Lavrov said that the implementation of Minsk agreements will be prolonged for 2016, Interfax-Ukraine.
"No one doubts that Minsk deal will be prolonged until it is fully implemented... Implementation of the Minsk arrangements to take place the next year. There is a need to develop a commonly acceptable law on local elections in Donbas and the fact that, since the adoption of the law 90 days to prepare for elections are required; a simple comparison of figures shows that we cannot do it to the end of the year," he said.
Russian official also noted that the discussion in Normandy format was useful and specific. He added that the removal of small arms in Donbas follows the schedule, the process must be completed by 12 November.
Playing disengagement 12 October, 20:30
Kremlin doubts success of Normandy four meeting in Berlin 19 October, 16:57
Time and place of next Normandy Four meeting irrelevant 10 October, 13:31
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case