If Ukraine hadn't got rid of uranium stocks, eastern conflict would get worse, - Barack Obama
Last batch of uranium was removed from Ukraine in March 2012
US President Barack Obama at the final press conference on the results of the Nuclear Security Summit in Washington said that if Ukraine hadn’t got rid in 2012 of its stockpiles of enriched uranium, the difficult situation related to the conflict in the east, could be even more dangerous, - reported Ukrinform agency.
"Successful disposal of all stocks of highly enriched uranium means that over the last two years of a very difficult situation in Ukraine, it does not become more dangerous than it could because of the presence those materials," – said the US President.
Earlier we reported that Petro Poroshenko met Barack Obama during Nuclear Summit in Washington
During the first Nuclear Security Summit in Washington in 2010, Ukraine agreed to give up all available stocks of highly enriched uranium (about 90 kg). In March 2012, the last batch was removed from the Kharkiv Institute of Physics and Technology.
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors 26 October, 20:56
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case