Hug: more than 4,000 violations of ceasefire since early 2015
The OSCE Special Monitoring Mission is to increase its presence in Donbas
The growing military activity in eastern Ukraine is a concerning fact, said Deputy Head of OSCE SMM Alexander Hug. According to him, most of the strikes are landed in the area of Avdiivka and Yasynuvata, Donetsk region. As of April 4, the number of breaches of ceasefire in Donbas exceeded 4,000.
“The fire is so intensive that sometimes we can’t even count the actual number of ceasefire breaches”, Hug said.
He added that the Mission urged Russia-backed militants to stop the attacks, but no reply followed. “Despite our call, the situation in Yasynuvata was tense. We visited the area today, and we had to wait for an hour or so before we could reach the bridge. Only after two-hour long negotiations, we managed to solve the situation”, said the official.
According to him, the OSCE SMM will grow its presence in the combat area to 800 members. “There are 13 observations points in eastern Ukraine; eight of them at the militant-controlled territories, five more in the government-controlled areas. In total, 680 observers work there. The number will grow until it reaches 800 members”, Hug said.
Donbas: 122 mm artillery shells Shyrokyne 10 October, 08:35
Donbas: Avdiivka under mortar fire 13 October, 23:58
Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov 20 October, 20:01
‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains 20 October, 20:44
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
- FINANCE14:58Groysman: Cabinet to raise minimal salary in Ukraine to USD 125
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:14‘DPR’ capture Ukrainian citizen, charge her with preparing to kidnap their comrade
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case