Hug: Militants continue to threaten OSCE SMM observers with weapons
Mercenaries menaced observers with guns mostly on territories not controlled by Kyiv
Alexander Hug, Principal Deputy Chief Monitor of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine, told about the utter threats from the Russia-backed militants to OSCE SMM observers to 112 Ukraine TV Channel.
"Sometimes we were denied with access to certain areas in Donbas region. 80-90% of these situations happen on the territories uncontrolled by Kyiv. We had a tough week. We detected the shelling near our front patrol base in Kadyivka, formally Stakhaniv. There were situations when the gunmen menaced the observers with weapons. Our drones were attacked 4 times. However, these threats cannot be compared with those from which suffer the civilians", Hug said.
He also stressed that Russia-backed militants continue to breach Minsk Agreements, attacking from heavy weaponry.
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 25 October, 09:43
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
43 ceasefire violations in Donbas reported 16 October, 12:06
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case