Hug: Both sides of conflict prevent OSCE SMM from work
Mission members are threatened and intimidated
Both sides of the conflict in Donbas region impede activities of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission (OSCE SMM) in Ukraine, and also threaten unarmed members of the mission and intimidate them. The First Deputy Chairman of the OSCE SMM Alexander Hug announced this during a press conference.
"We can monitor and report very objectively, but we need access to do that. Frankly speaking, we don’t have it. Let's be clear, this is mainly due to the fact that both sides do not provide access. They do not allow our monitors access to certain regions, they shoot down our drones, put obstacles and mines. There will be no progress if both militants and Ukrainian army continue to threaten and intimidate OSCE SMM observers ", Hug said.
He recalled that militants try to attack OSCE SMM observers at night when they are not monitoring and can't spot the violation.
"The fact is that there has to be unimpeded access for observers and mission. Without it there can be no investigation and no confidence", said the deputy chairman of the OSCE SMM in Ukraine.
Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 25 October, 09:43
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case