Horlivsko-Svitlodarska bulge stays epicenter of military actions in Donbas
The enemy used 82 mm mortars and automatic grenade launchers
The situation in the counter-terrorism operation zone somehow worsened, as militants fired at Ukrainian positions 14 times. ATO press center reported this at Facebook.
Most of the attacks took place at Horlivsko-Svitlodarska bulge, Donetsk region. In particular, Russia-backed militants opened fired from heavy machineguns and small arms at emplacements near Novhorodske, Zaitsevo, Myronivske, Luhanske and Troitske.
Besides, Ukrainian outposts near Luhanske were shelled from automatic grenade launchers, and positions to the south from Troitske were attacked from tripod-mounted antitank guns.
The ATO Staff noted that the most significant enemy provocation took place near Mayorsk, where mercenaries were shooting at Ukrainian positions for half an hour, using 82-mm mortars and grenade launchers.
Positions in Pisky village, near Donetsk airport, were attacked from small arms and anti-aircraft gun. Since morning January 6, Ukrainian positions in this area were once attacked from small arms.
Previously, the ATO Staff said that the vicinities of Donetsk airport are attacked almost every day.
Earlier, at midnight of December 23, a full ceasefire should have begun in Donbas, as offered by members of Minsk Trilateral Contact Group. However, militants ignored the agreement and continue to violate the ceasefire.
Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas 27 October, 09:05
Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 27 October, 09:44
Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 25 October, 09:43
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
- FINANCE22:17Poland Deputy PM: Doubling of minimum salary in Ukraine is unpleasant surprise
- POLITICS21:34Russia is not re-elected to UN Human Rights Council
- SOCIETY20:43Savchenko’s declaration: Sister’s cars and mother’s land
- UA & EU20:04Schulz: European Parliament is on Ukraine’s side
- SOCIETY19:14Halloween is coming in Ukraine
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:1835000 militants and 6000 Russia's officers in Donbas reported
- UA & EU16:31Poroshenko, Junker to discuss EU-Ukraine AA ratification by the Netherlands
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case