Herashchenko: Normandy Four representatives to discuss hostage release in Donbas region during NATO Summit
Militants still not provide information about places of hostage detention
According to First Deputy Speaker of the Ukrainian Parliament Iryna Herashchenko, the representatives of the Normandy Four will discuss the release of the hostages in the Donbas region during the NATO Summit in Warsaw.
“We made an offer and are waiting for the answer. The next meeting will be held in Minsk on July 13. The issue of releasing hostages in the Donbas region will be also raised by the representatives of the Normandy Four during NATO Summit in Warsaw. The release of Ukrainian citizens from Russian prisons and occupied territories is a key humanitarian priority for the State”, Herashchenko wrote.
She noted that the militants still didn’t provide the Ukrainian authorities with the information about the place of hostage detention.
The representatives of Donetsk People’s Republic hinted that people that were kept in Donetsk Security Service were transferred to the detention center, where the conditions are worse. When I asked if that was true and whether I could provide the accurate information to the relatives of the hostages, they said that ‘we lay a criminal investigation against them, so the hostages are kept where they have to be kept’. It is particularly remarkable that we again didn’t receive the accurate information about the location of the hostages, except some hints and covert responses”, Herashchenko added.
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars