Heavy weaponry use reported in Zaitsevo, - OSCE SMM
Many forces concentrated in the vicinities of Mariupol
OSCE Special Monitoring Mission observers report the use of the weaponry banned by Minsk deal in Zaitsevo, Donetsk region. Alexander Hug, First Deputy Head of the Mission, said this at a briefing in Kyiv on January 29.
“Zaitsevo is a small settlement in the outskirts of Horlivka town. On January 27, our observers saw that several living houses were damaged, saying that 82 and 120 mm mortars were used. And that’s a breach of the deal”, he said.
Hug added that the mission observed increasing activity near Donetsk airport. “Sometimes, it’s quiet out there and sometimes there were dozens of violations of the ceasefire”, he noted.
“Kominternove, Pavlopol and Oktyabr, all of them located near port city Mariupol, remain the most endangered area. Many troops are concentrated there and the situation needs to be resolved. Our mission often witnesses acts of violence in this area as small arms are fired from time to time”, said the official.
He also said that on January 20, the mission heard 25 artillery explosions near Kominternove, and expressed concern over the ongoing tensions in Maryinka, Donetsk region.
As 112 International reported, ATO Press Centre observed an increasing number of attacks along the entire division line in Donbas. For the last 24 hours, militants fired at Ukrainian positions 71 times. Due to the armed clash near Zaitsevo, Donetsk region, 8 Kremlin-backed mercenaries were killed and about 20 wounded. Two Ukrainian servicemen were wounded in the same period of time.
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland 23 October, 10:33
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars