Germany: Russia committed cyber-attack to steal report on MH17 investigation
Governmental agency says Russian special services could have tried to steal report stating passenger aircraft was downed by Russia-made weapon
German federal service of protection of Constitution released the report saying that Russia’s special services regularly land cyber-attacks trying to steal the data from their Western counterparts.
Most remarkably, one of the attacks took place last autumn. That was shortly before the release of the report, in which the Dutch Security Council said it was the Russian-made missile launcher Buk that downed the Boeing 777 of Malaysian Airlines in July 2014. The Russian side seems to have tried stealing the report. The German federal service of protection of Constitution never specified whether the attack was successful.
Previously, the Netherlands released the report on investigation of the MH7 downing. The first results of the investigation regarding the weapon involved in the accident will be released in autumn this year.
MH17 investigation to call all suspects before 2017 2 October, 11:01
Dutch FM calls Russia's Ambassador due to MH17 investigation criticism 30 September, 17:22
Claims against Ukraine in MH17 case 30 September, 12:42
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas