FSB statement is a legend of "Ukrainian aggression" - the military expert
Political expert Oleksiy Arestovych stated this on air at "112 Ukraine"TV channel
Statement of the FSB in the Crimea is a legend that the Russian Federation can be used as a demonstration of "Ukrainian aggression." This was the TV channel "112 Ukraine" said military analyst Oleksiy Arestovych.
"I think they (the Russian Federation, - ed.) are pursuing twofold aims. First - judging by what happened there, they have done some shooting at each other, the FSB with the border guards or the military, and it is necessary to somehow explain to their commanders, to the vast public pressure, so they had to quickly cook up a legend of Ukrainian secret subversive group. Tthe second point is that in case of a possible escalation this legend can be used as an additional reason, and demonstration of the "aggressive nature" of the Ukrainian side "- he said.
Note, previously FSB announced the elimination of Ukrainian intelligence agent network in the Crimea. The FSB claimed that among the detained are citizens of both Ukraine and Russia, allegedly Evgeny Panov, born in 1977, resident of Zaporizhia region was the head of this group, an officer of Defense Intelligence of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine, who is also detained and giving a confession.
The General Staff considers the statements of the Federal Security Service about the alleged attemptof Ukrainian Army to break through to the Crimea may be the informational part of the Russian anti-terrorist exercises. The Defense Ministry regarded FSB statement as an attempt to justify Russian aggression in Crimea.
Current Secretary of the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine Oleksandr Turchynov called the FSB statement an element of hybrid war and an attempt to stir up the situation.
Recall that yesterday, a representative of the Main Intelligence Directorate of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine Vadym Skibitskiy, commenting on the situation, said that the group of Russian troops in the Crimea carry out their anti-terrorist drills in the Crimea.
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 27 October, 09:44
Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas 27 October, 09:05
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:1835000 militants and 6000 Russia's officers in Donbas reported
- UA & EU16:31Poroshenko, Junker to discuss EU-Ukraine AA ratification by the Netherlands
- UA & EU15:46Netherlands may delay consultations on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:30Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack
- FINANCE14:13French company to store gas in Ukraine’s underground storages
- SPORT13:32Boxing: Usyk’s next fight set out for December 17
- POLITICS12:48Stoltenberg: NATO seeks no confrontation with Russia
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case