Francetvinfo: Thousands of French hold moment of silence for victims of Nice attack
They gathered at Promenade des Anglais where the tragedy took place
People bring candles and flowers to the improvised memorial of the victims in the terrorist attack in Nice. Some expressed dissatisfaction with the government’s policy; according to Francetvinfo, Prime Minister Manuel Valls was hissed away as he approached the memorial at Promenade des Anglais. Some people demanded President Francois Hollande’s resignation.
As 112 International reported, 85 people deceased and about 200 more were wounded in the terrorist attack in Nice, France. The terrorist, presumably ISIS militant, ran into the crowd as he was driving and shooting people in streets. The police killed him and later found more weapons and explosives in the truck. Identity papers of a French-Tunisian were also discovered, according to a police source quoted by news agency AFP (Sky News).
Leading political figures from around the globe expressed condolences to the French nation and the government.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship 23 October, 13:14
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case