Foreign Ministry: Russia military drills Caucasus 2016 indicate growing threat to Ukraine
Provocative actions of aggressor occur on background of Russia blocking Minsk process, failure to comply with its security obligations of Minsk agreements and escalation in Donbas
Ukraine is deeply concerned with the conducting of the military drills Caucasus 2016 near state border. MFA press service reported this.
A large-scale build-up of interspecific forces in the occupied territories and on the border of Ukraine and bringing it to the highest alert shows the growth of a direct military threat to Ukraine.
"Under the guise of a sudden inspection of combat readiness of the Russian Federation Armed Forces on August 25-31 there was the initial stage of the Caucasus 2016. Russia has focused on the south-west group of troops numbering about 100 thousand officers, more than 2.5 thousand combat vehicles, 60 ships, 400 aircraft and helicopters, more than 11 thousand soldiers were deployed in the Southern military District from other districts of Russia", noted in the department.
The Foreign Ministry reports that Russia in its military doctrine defines the deployment (buildup) of a foreign state military contingents in neighboring areas, including political and military pressure, as one of the main external military threats.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars