Foreign Ministry highlights threat of chemical terrorist attacks in Donbas
According to Shutenko, there is a real threat for other states
The radioactive sources were left without control in the occupied areas of the Donetsk and Luhansk regions and create the danger of terrorist attacks in the region with the use of chemicals. The Ukraine’s Foreign Ministry International Security Department Chairman Serhiy Shutenko said this at the UN General Assembly.
"Many high-risk chemical facilities have been destroyed as a result of Russian aggression. Current situation highly contributes to the commission of terrorist acts, including the use of dangerous chemical substances, dangerous pathogens or radioactive materials", Shutenko said.
According to him, there is a real threat to other countries outside the conflict zone.
"It is also tempting to think about the real and potential threats far beyond the region", Foreign Ministry spokesman said.
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region 24 October, 20:21
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas 24 October, 16:37
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain