Foreign fighters of Ukrainian military units under threat of deportation - Right Sector
Foreign volunteer fighters from several Ukrainian battalions to rally under Presidential Administration with the demand to obtain citizenship of Ukraine
Foreign fighters of Ukrainian military units - Ukrainian Volunteer Corps of the Right Sector, Azov, Aidar, Organization of Ukrainian Nationalists and other - intend to hold a protest meeting near the Presidential Administration on October 17 demanding to give them citizenship of Ukraine, said in the Right Sector’s statement on the website.
"Almost a year ago, President Poroshenko promised to sign a decree that would give foreign volunteer fighters the right to obtain Ukrainiancitizenship. But the promise did not move further - the soldiers were not given even a residence permit. For this reason, hundreds of volunteers are now under constant threat of deportation, and their lives literally hang by a thread,” said in a statement.
In the Right Sector noted that foreign fighters can not legally travel around the country, get a job or officially register in their units, "not to mention the normal intentions of the common man – settle down to married life or transfer one’s family over here."
"Even to the battle zone foreign soldiers get illegally," said in the statement.
However, they can not return home because at the home countries prison or death awaits for them. " Upon many of the foreign volunteers opened a criminal case on “mercenarism",although they did not receive salaries at the war and fought not for the profit," concluded in the Right Sector’s statement.
The beginning of the meeting is scheduled for 15:00 [Kyiv time – ed.] October 17.
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars