First time in many days the main Donbas hotspots were not shelled
For the second consecutive day, Russian-backed militants do not use heavy weapons
Unrest just took place near Bahmutska highway, Luhansk region. Ukrainian forces near Trohizbenka were attacked with grenades. Militants also held a short provocation near Krymske and Slovianosebrsk.
Quite uneasy situation remained near Svitlodarsk line, Lozove, Luhanske, Donetsk region. One armed incident took place near Kirove. Near the Donetsk the fighting took place on the Avdiivka-Pisky front line.
During the last day of hostilities there are no death among Ukrainian soldiers, five were wounded, two of them stepped on a landmine.
Nevertheless, 157 Ukrainians are kept in captivity by Russian-backed militants, and another 814 are listed as missing, states Iryna Herashchenko, President’s envoy for his Peace plan for Eastern Ukraine.
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
- UA & EU20:19"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:33"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:45Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars