First anniversary of ceasefire agreement on resolving Ukrainian conflict
Armistice protocol had not prevented from numerous casualties, losses, and war crimes
A year ago, a “roadmap” for resolving conflict in the eastern Ukraine was signed. September 5, 2014, cessation of hostilities for eastern Ukraine has been agreed during talks in Minsk, between representatives of the Ukrainian government, leaders of Russian-backed militants, and the Russian Federation, in the presence of OSCE. In the two weeks after the Minsk agreement had been signed, the severe truce violations began. During the year the situation in the occupied territories had worsened. Russian-backed militants commit war crimes; violate the international agreements and rules of warfare. The war caused thousands of human casualties, brought despair, devastation, and repressions.
The text of the Minsk protocol consists of twelve points, withdraw illegal armed groups and military equipment, ensure the monitoring of the truce by OSCE representatives, release hostages, improve the humanitarian situation, decentralization of power, hold early local elections in Donetsk and Luhansk regions, and prevent the prosecution of those persons in connection with the events in Donbas.
The protocol was compared with Khasavyurt Accord, agreement that marked the end of the First Chechen War, which, actually, frozed the conflict.
Information Analysis Center Mediarnbo prepared infographics on the results of the first anniversary of the Minsk agreement.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars