Final draft on heavy arms back from Donbas contact line is agreed
It might be initialed September 8
Working sub-group on security within the Trilateral Contact Group on Donbas conflict mediation agreed on a final draft of the document concerning heavy arms back on each side of the line of contact line, Interfax.
"The compromise document is agreed, it takes into account the interests of all the parties of the conflict. It is formulated on the basis of a draft prepared during the previous meetings of the subgroup, and some amendments of the parties are also included," according to the unknown source, who participated in the negotiations. The initialing might take place September 8.
All the participants of Trilateral Contact Group are to be reported on the final results of the document by the OSCE coordinator.
As was reported before, Trilateral Contact Group could not manage a consensus on the removal of heavy weaponry, as one of the points of the Minsk agreements. However, the results of the subgroups activities left some hope for solving the issue, according to Iryna Herashchenko, President’s envoy for his Peace plan for Eastern Ukraine. OSCE stated that the observers will continue to monitor the truce in the ATO zone.
A year ago, September 5, Minsk agreement was signed to resolve the conflict in the eastern Ukraine; it had not prevented from numerous casualties, losses, and war crimes.
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
- POLITICS17:29Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks
- SOCIETY16:40Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists
- UKRAINE TOP 16:30Searches at Kseniya Babych: after 3 hours an interview at the Investigation Committee is over
- POLITICS15:58Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars