European Broadcasting Union: Ukraine’s Jamala remains Eurovision winner
The Union urges World Wide Web users to accept the contest’s official results
“The winner of the 2016 Eurovision Song Contest was decided by music industry professionals and viewers at home, each with a 50 percent stake in the result. Ukraine's Jamala won, thanks to broad support from both the juries as well as televoters. She did so with an outstanding performance of an emotional song, telling a personal story. The result of the 2016 Eurovision Song Contest remains valid and was reached in accordance with the rules agreed by each participating broadcaster and artist and known to every dedicated fan.Ukraine is, and will remain, the winner of the 2016 Eurovision Song Contest”, reads the statement.
Most recently, a number of Internet users launched the campaign aiming to re-consider the official results of Eurovision 2016 contest. By now, about 200 thousand people subscribed the respective petition.
The EBU called upon “those who signed this petition to accept the result, valid in accordance with the rules, and to continue a constructive dialogue about how to further strengthen and improve the Eurovision Song Contest as it enters its seventh decade”.
IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November 27 October, 15:17
Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer 27 October, 14:30
Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas 27 October, 16:03
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case