EU urges Ukraine to investigate website leak of journalists' personal data
The EU appealed for the law enforcement agencies of Ukraine to do whatever it takes to ensure that the data brought out by the journalists have been withdrawn and is no longer published
The European Union requires that the law enforcement agencies of Ukraine carry out a proper investigation in the case of an Internet resource, "Myrotvorets". This was announced by the head of the EU Delegation to Ukraine Jan Tombinski and Ambassador of Germany to Ukraine Christoph Weil during a meeting with the Minister of Internal Affairs of Ukraine Arsen Avakov, said the European Union in Ukraine press-service representative on their Facebook page.
At the same time the EU representatives noted that Ukrainian law enforcement authorities should take all necessary steps to ensure that all personal data of journalists that has been released on the website of " Myrotvorets" are withdrawn.
Besides Tombinski and Weil urged law enforcement officers to take not to publish such content no more, and the Ukrainian government to provide the necessary protection to all journalists, who were disclosed in the list of online resources, as they began to receive threats.
As reported today on May 24, an Internet service publishes updated information about journalists who have received accreditation in the so-called "Donetsk People's Republic". The list includes data on 293 employees of foreign mass media from 59 countries. In particular, some of them are journalists from Austria, Germany, Georgia, Brazil and Iraq. However there are no representatives of the Russian media.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko 23 October, 21:13
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars