EU: Number of ceasefire violations in Donbas greatly increased
The EU’s External Action Service released respective statement
The significant increase of ceasefire violations in the Donetsk region represents an unprecedented level of violence since the sides recommitted to the ceasefire in 2015, the service stated.
“We back the call by Special Representative of the Federal Government of Germany for the OSCE Chairmanship, Gernot Erler, and urge all sides to take steps to de-escalate the situation and to fully honour their commitments. A sustainable ceasefire is urgently needed, not least to ensure progress at last in implementing the political obligations from the Minsk agreements. The recent incidents of targeting the OSCE SMM monitors are unacceptable. We call on all sides to refrain from such actions”, reads the message.
The EU reiterated on its support of independence, sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ukraine, as well as diplomatic efforts within the Normandy format and the Trilateral Contact Group aiming at complete implementation of the Minsk agreements. “Security on the ground is indispensable for a lasting political solution”, the message says.
Trump called NATO "obsolete" - Europe is worried, Moscow is glad 19 January, 23:17
EU diplomats ready to extend sanctions against Yanukovych 19 January, 21:26
Biden: Russia represents greatest threat to world order 18 January, 15:57
Poroshenko, Dombrovskis discuss macro-financial assistance to Ukraine 18 January, 22:26
- POLITICS13:36Britain to continue supporting Ukraine
- SOCIETY13:14Security Service detain drug smugglers in Mykolaiv
- POLITICS12:41Trump inauguration: Protesters clash with police in Washington
- SOCIETY12:34Ukrainians commemorate defenders of Donetsk airport
- POLITICS12:16Batkishchyna wants evidence of Savchenko’s treason from SBU
- POLITICS11:56Trump's inauguration: online broadcast
- FINANCE11:30Roshen confectionary factory in Russian Lipetsk shuts down
- UKRAINE TOP 11:19Court to consider Yanukovych conviction in absentia
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:38Security Service finds Russian weapons in ATO zone
- POLITICS10:01Trump’s Treasury pick supports Russia sanctions "100 percent"
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:35, 19 January OSCE Head offers night-time monitoring in Donbas
18:33, 19 January Orthodox and Greek Catholic believers celebrate Epiphany