EU: No progress in Donbas conflict solution
Head of EU Delegation to Ukraine Jan Tombinsky notes lack of progress in resolving conflict in Donbas
According to UNIAN, he said this at an open public meeting "Lay the foundation for the future of Ukraine" held in Kyiv.
"Yes, we do not see the progress in the Minsk talks, but we see an increase in violence and the violations of the ceasefire state. We see more problems than solutions. However, the Minsk peace deals are the only design that we have to discuss future decisions regarding the fact that most regrettably, there are still millions of Ukrainians in the east who are held hostage of this conflict ", said Tombinsky.
The ambassador stressed that the reasons for the imposition of sanctions against Russia have not disappeared.
"The sanctions were imposed because of the illegal annexation of Crimea and aggression in the east of Ukraine. It was decided to impose sanctions against Russia and these reasons have not disappeared. The States-members and those who have the mandate to take appropriate decision in Brussels during the Council of the European Union in the first days of July, will make them exactly on the base of the implication of the sanctions".
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas