Escalation continues: militants carry out provocative fire on Ukrainian positions
Risks and threats towards Ukraine's security, sovereignty, territorial integrity, and independence remain extremely high, the President of Ukraine noted
ATO press center reported about continuation of conflict escalation proved by militants’ shellings. For today they fired upon Opytne, Avdiivka, Maryinka, Pisky and Novgorodske settlements.
"On November 11 in the area of the ATO terrorists continued escalation of the conflict. From 9:20 am militants carried out provocative fire on our positions with grenade launchers, high-caliber machine guns and small arms. Four times was fired Opytne, three times- Avdiiivka, twice – Maryinka, Pisky and Novgorodske. Upon the latter settlement Russian-terrorist mercenaries led aimed fire,” said in a statement.
Noteworthy that at the demarcation line in the ATO area, from 5 to 11 November, Ukrainian border guards have recorded flight of three militants’ unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs).
It was reported earlier that over the past day Russian-backed militants 21 times violated the peace and quiet order in Donbas, the Ukrainian military on several occasions had to open fire in response.
Reportedly, President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko stated that situation in Donbas remain the tendency towards escalation, the press service of the President reported.
"These attempts to disrupt the Minsk agreements - not just by provoking the Ukrainian military with sabotage, not just by shelling our territory with weapons, which a long time had to be removed, not just by detaining the OSCE Special Monitoring mission from the places of observation as well as from the places of military equipment withdrawal, and non-admission to the uncontrolled by Ukraine the area of the Russian-Ukrainian border – illustrate the fact that the risks and threats to national security, sovereignty, territorial integrity and independence of Ukraine remain extremely high,” Poroshenko said.
Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day 23 October, 22:03
Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported 22 October, 22:01
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars