Militants stepped up activity in Donbas
66 attacks reported since morning of January 26
Russia-backed militants fired at Ukrainian outposts in Donbas near Troitske and Zaitsevo. Maryinka, Donetsk region, went under heavy attack; they used various kinds of weapons – small arms, heavy machineguns, grenade launchers and AA guns. Donetsk and its vicinities also remain one of the key flashpoints in the area. ATO press centre reported this at Facebook.
“Opytne, Pisky, Avdiivka and Butivka mine were attacked from grenade launchers and heavy machineguns. Near Krasnohorivka, our positions were shot at from RPGs and mortars; near Novhorodske, the enemy fired from infantry fighting vehicles, automatic grenade launchers and mahineguns”, reads the message.
In total, 66 enemy attacks took place since Monday morning. In some cases, Ukraine’s Armed Forces had to open adjusted fire, ATO press centre reported.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
43 ceasefire violations in Donbas reported 16 October, 12:06
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
- SOCIETY09:30UN Security Council: Assad regime responsible for three chemical attacks
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars