Election in Donbas must be held in first half of 2016, - Steinmeier
Steinmeier believes that election in Donbas must be held by mid-summer
Foreign Minister of Germany Frank-Walter Steinmeier claims that election in Donbas must be held in first half of 2016, he informed the journalists after the meeting of UN Security Council, reports “Ukrinform”.
“We will try to reach progress, especially what concerns security. We will discuss new election right for eastern Ukraine, for Donbas, which is a major condition for holding the election, which should be held by mid-summer”, - Steinmeier said.
According to Steinmeier, these issues will be discussed by Foreign Ministers on March 3 in Paris.
Steimeier concluded that “we are still far from political settlement of the issue”, although it has been managed to de-escalate the situation, the number of victims and ceasefire violations is still very high.
Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region 24 October, 20:21
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day 23 October, 22:03
Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas 24 October, 16:37
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas